Tuesday, January 24, 2006

New New Jersey Slogan - "New Jersey: Come See For Yourself"

A little bit stale news, but New Jersey has a new slogan. New Jersey: Come See For Yourself. I personally would have voted for: "New Jersey: You Got a Problem With That?". There were a few interesting others including: "New Jersey: Most of Our Elected Officials Have Not Been Indicted." which I'm not so sure of. There certainly seems to be a lot of corruption around. I think Monmouth county (in which I reside) went for the record and came up short to a few counties in New York and parishes in New Orleans - must be something to do with being New. It has been just about a year since we moved in to our new house. I can't say that I have totally adopted the attitude of my new home town, but it certainly exists. I almost bought my wife a T-shirt with "New Jersey - Attitude Capital of the World" on it, but decided against it. I will say this - New Jersey is not just Newark and Trenton - the area we live is quite suburban, albeit there are homes in the area that do appear to be very similar in external view to Tony Soprano's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to steal my blog entry ;-) HAHA! Hey! While you're in Detroit tell them your daughter is the biggest Steelers fan ever and deserves to meet her future husband Ben Roethlisberger at the Superbowl!!! :-D Have a good day at work tomorrow!!!

P.S. It wasn't letting me sign in so I am Anonymous, but it is me: Kristie, in case you didn't know ;-)

Scott Hayden said...

You know, you are real close to where I saw that shocking t-shirt that said, well I really cannot say here, but here are the first letters of each of the words. FYFF. I do not suggest that you buy your wife one of these.