Monday, January 23, 2006

Newark Airport Experience - or why I hate Continental

I am currently sitting at gate 111a at Newark airport waiting to take flight 2227 to Detroit scheduled departure time 8:00PM. As I type this message it is 8:40PM. There is no gate agent, the board states that we are on time, and yet we are sitting here. I have called the reservations number twice to no avail. It sure would be nice if in fact there was a person to tell us what is happening with the flight rather than continuing to display "On Time" and a departure time of 8:00PM. I have spoken to other gate agents all who say: "It states 8:00 according to my computer", they then look further and say: "Oh wait - it is delayed - we are waiting for a flight from Dayton". Interestingly enough - none of these people took the initiative to update the board, call someone to man (or should I say person) the gate. Basically giving me the information is to them more than enough and is the end of their duties. What an absolutely miserable experience. I have been flying Northwest to Detroit for the past few weeks, and will very likely be traveling to/from Detroit and Newark for a while. It certainly looks like I will be using the services of Northwest rather than Continental in the future. I am rapidly running out of airlines.....

No comments: