Thursday, April 27, 2006

Take our sons and daughters to work day

I just received an email about this from my employer. I want to go on record as questioning the value of this on a few fronts.

#1 - this originally started as a way for young girls to see what opportunities are out there for women in the workplace. It has transformed into a bring any boy or girl which is admirable but I think loses some of the intent.

#2 - this is the more important point. I have 2 daughters neither of which have had the opportunity to do this due to my travel achedule and school policy that it was not an excused absence. I can not for the life if me understand why this needs to occur during the school year. Mid July or August would allow more to participate and also not be as intrusive on work as there is always less stuff happening in the summer.

1 comment:

Scott Hayden said...

Is there a way to delete unrelated comments on our blogs like the one that precedes mine here?

By the way, I am looking for someone to help me with my fortune. It seems that I am stuck in some country that you cannot pronounce or even knew existed. If you send me $10k I will see that you receive appropriate compensation for helping me.