Saturday, March 25, 2006

Car finally fixed

Well my car is finally back together. There is one minor thing that needs to still be remedied - a small clip on the trunk liner was not re-attached properly. This too will be noted to the shop that did the work (see below). Here is a picture of the motor mount that was damaged in the accident. Initially the insurance company claimed that it wasn't caused in the accident and was likely just worn or pre-existing. I think had they not agreed to pay for it these photos would have certainly proved my point.

Large Photo
Large Photo
Large Photo
The body shop that did the work: Ryan's Auto Body in Ocean Township New Jersey was unable to detect what was making the clunking sound I had described after having the car for two full weeks. When they put it up on the lift they noticed that the drive shaft moved a little when it was put into gear and that seemed a little bit odd to them, but they didn't know what to do to investigate or repair the problem. I will be sending them a rather unfriendly letter about their stunning ineptness.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just love sending out nasty letters don't ya? It's like "hehehe, what big words can I use to confuse the dumb people today?"

~Kristie

Anonymous said...

You and all your work friends need to take this quiz: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11977271/site/newsweek/ I think you'll like it.

~Daughter

Scott Hayden said...

OK, I took the quiz and before I reveal my score here are the three ranking categories:

0 to 29: Stuck in the Last Century
30 to 60: Heading to Geekdom
61 and up: Seriously Nerdy

I scored a 28, which is probably no surprise to you, but it surprised me that I am 2 points from 'Heading to Geekdom'. I would have been there if I had a camera phone, provided that I could figure out how to take pictures with it.