Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wii F1 2009

Well I picked this up last week. Definitely better than Ferrari Challenge but still a few quirks. Controls are still a little dicey. They still don't take full advantage of the disconnected nature of Wii. The steering wheel mode doesn't work all that well. I may need to invest in a Logitech Wii Wheel to see if it is better. Tried setting up a new player and it told me my name was "invalid", unfortunately I can't quite remember what name I put in - but it was Italian-like - Dinataldo or some such and it didn't allow it. I eventually managed to set up a player and start a career. There were three settings: Beginner, Advanced, Expert. Beginner was far too easy - secured a ride on the first or second lap, took pole in my first attempt, and easily took the win in Australia and Malaysia. Decided to wipe that career out and try Advanced. This proved much more difficult, in fact I couldn't get a ride with either BMW or Torro-Rosso and had to settle for racing for Force-India. The good part is the braking is very crisp, but as mentioned, the steering is a bit hard to manage. I hope to have some fun with this.

No comments: