Sunday, December 14, 2008

Steelers Football - I am a fan

Well I must now confess, I think that I have become a Steelers fan. I have always eschewed allegiance to the team even though I lived there for 25 years. My wife Rhoda is an avid fan, and gets rather upset when they do poorly and excited when they do well. Watching the game today - Big Ben Rothlisberger started out early with a delay of game penalty. Throughout the game so far - he has come close a few more times - which is very frustrating. He also is frequently being pressured in the pocket and rushing his passes, the line just isn't protecting him well. Also - for reasons I can't explain the Steelers have had bad special teams coverage, especially on kick-offs and punts for what seems like the last 10 years.

Given my ability to rattle off all of this information, as well as the very real frustration I felt when Ben took the penalty, I can no longer stand upon the "I am not a fan" rock.

No comments: