Thursday, September 11, 2008

Seinfeld - "The Foundation"

Those who know me - know I love Seinfeld. I can relate most everything to it. This episode starts season 8. The intertwining of the story is extraordinary. As the episode starts Susan's stone is put up. George claims to be done mourning her loss. Jerry's inspirational words from "The Wrath of Khan" cause them to create a foundation in her name. Jerry gets back with Dolores aka Mulva. Elaine takes over the catalog when Peterman has a nervous breakdown and runs off to Myanmar. Closes with two men bemoaning the urban sombrero that Elaine put on the cover of the catalog. There are a wealth of great quotes.


George: "What was that line you told the Ross', something about a way, and a light" Jerry: "No, its she's not really dead if we find a way to remember her." George: "That's it, that was the line that destroyed my life!"


George: "I was free and clear, I was living the dream, I was stripped to the waist eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery!"


Jerry (commenting on Elaine's trip to Mexico to find ideas for the catalog): "Anything you couldn' get rippin' open a bag of Doritos and watching viva sipada?"


Dolores: "When I heard you got engaged - I thought maybe you had matured, but obviously there's no growth here" Jerry: "Well I can't argue with that"


Kids from karate class: "Now we finish it!" - clearly a reference to "Highlander".

No comments: