Friday, October 05, 2012

mint.com - Hello and Goodbye in 24 hours - Ads gone wild

Yesterday I tried mint.com. Today I deleted my account. Quicken was asking that I upgrade to the 2013 version for $60, but mint.com was free to try and could be lower ongoing, with a better interface to iPad. My account is now deleted for the following reasons:
  1. Unable to set goals - I loaded all my accounts, everything, including mortgage. When setting up the goal to payoff my mortgage the tool was unable to recognize that I had a loan. LOSE
  2. Too many ads - Switched to the iPad to see if perhaps it was better. Unfortunately, all that happened was a boatload of ads.
    • I see you paid an ATM fee, here's a bank that doesn't charge those
    • I see you are a good saver, ING has a great rate I have an ING account so that is a pointless ad
    • Quicken loans has great rates on your mortgage, perhaps we can save you money
Goodbye!

No comments: