Friday, August 29, 2008

Defining Bureaucracy

To all who follow this blog - and I know there really aren't that many - this post refers back to my accident in my 5-Series BMW in January of 2006. Today I think I have found a very good definition of a bureaucratic nightmare. I received in the mail a copy of the accident report from January 2006, from the Port Authority of New York, along with my uncashed check for $10. The report is dates 01/27/06, Two Years, Seven Months and 3 Days ago. I am quite curious as to the person who sent it, it makes you wonder - did they pull it out of some file, look at it and send it, or did they just send it. In fact I no longer even have the car, having ditched it for a 2006 C280.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Wow... ALMOST useful. Then again, for the Port Authority, I think the term you're looking for is "on schedule." In the same sense as the WTC site reconstruction is "on schedule."