Saturday, August 19, 2006

New York Mets - Hope I don't jinx it

Well it is starting to look like it just might be a reality. 14 Games ahead with 41 to play. MLB Standings show the Magic Number as 28 vs. the Phillies. With all of that a comparison to the cross town rivals would put them only 1/2 game ahead. Mets @ 73-48, dreaded Yankess @ 72-48. As most who know me know I've been travelling extensively to Detroit. It would certainly be interesting if it turned out to be a Mets-Tigers series. I haven't been watching closely following the personnel movements or which facets of the team are working or not, I'm just enjoying catching the results and watching the highlights. It's been 20 years since we won the big one. The season feels a lot like 1986 - commanding lead for most of the season. Everybody talking about the team, etc. In 1986 I was in Pittsburgh and didn't get to fully enjoy it, except for the playoffs and series. This is a lot more fun this time. Let's just hope they keep it up and stay on track and keep the key guys healthy.

No comments: