Monday, June 20, 2005

Giant bust on the US Grand Prix

If you're not a fan of Formula One, you may have missed this news. Michelin pulled their safety certification and 7 of 10 teams did not compete in the 2005 US Grand Prix. My high hopes were dashed to bits on the jagged rocks below.

I've thought a bit about it and here is my opinion.

I blame Michelin. Bridgestone put tyres on their cars that worked. Michelin had more cars and more total track time. Even if they had brought harder compound - fully inside rules, Michelin could have run and probably still beat Mindardi and Jordan. Still a 1-2 for Ferrari but we would have had a race anyway.

What to do

Well for me anyway - I validated I am riding Yokohamas. Still need to check the wife and daughters cars. Wife's got Walmart tires and daughter has what her car came with. I will never buy Michelins again.

Hope

Maybe we'll get some money back - but I'm not counting those chickens.

Here's a few links to stories.

2 comments:

Scott Hayden said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Scott Hayden said...

I deleted the previous post becaus I could not figure out how to remove a typo.

Anyway, my question is do you think that a Michelin boycott by US F-1 fans, all six of them, will have an impact?